About our district
We serve patrons primarily in the north-central Idaho area, with the district office located in Lapwai.
As a member of the VALNet system our district provides patrons access to the library materials from about 50 other libraries in our region. Our excellent courier service means we can get books to patrons quickly, typically within a few days of the request. In addition to popular fiction and nonfiction for readers of all ages, we provide rotating collections of movies, audiobooks, large-print books and story time kits at each branch, as well as public access computers and tablets for use in the library free of charge.
Through our online catalog, patrons can find, request and renew books and manage their accounts.
Each community in our district is unique. Different programs and activities for adults, youth, and young children are held at various branches. These may include reading programs and clubs, movie night, musical performances, classes, visiting speakers, traveling displays, and book sales, to name a few. Some are ongoing, others are one-time events, so check your branch's page often
The Prairie-River Library District is committed to providing courteous, responsive, quality service to our customers by fostering a respectful, positive, and welcoming environment for all. Our customer service philosophy:
- We care about all of our customers and seek to give each one attentive service.
- Our customers are entitled to efficient service from knowledgeable, motivated, and well-trained staff members.
- We listen to our customers and respond to their suggestions and concerns.
- We seek out innovative approaches to serve our customers in the best ways possible.
- We act responsibly to fulfill our mission of fair and equitable access to information and our commitment to the best stewardship possible of library resources.
The Prairie-River Library District endorses high standards of customer service and supports it through a plan of employee trainings, leadership development and opportunities for customer input.
Adopted by the PRLD Board of Trustees September 29, 2014